Dear Bryan ISD Parents/Guardians,
As we prepare to return to school Tuesday, January 5, I want to update you on where we stand in Bryan ISD with COVID-19 cases right now so that you are fully informed. As you know, we asked parents and employees to report any positive cases, symptoms or close contact over the break and assigned staff have been keeping track.
Active COVID-19 Cases as of 1/3/21:
- Employee cases: 36
- Student cases: 15
COVID-19 Cases Since August 20:
- Employee cases: 236
- Student cases: 342
Keep in mind, this is out of more than 18,400 students and employees in Bryan ISD. If we continue to work as a team, we are confident we can keep our children in school learning with their teachers.
To help keep our cases low as we enter the Spring Semester, please keep the following in mind:
- Screen your children before they come to school each day.
- If your child feels sick or has a fever, please keep them at home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 case in your household, please keep your child at home.
- Please encourage your child to wash their hands with soap often.
- Please encourage your child to maintain social distancing of at least six feet while at school as much as possible, or while in public.
- Please make sure your child has a mask and their own water bottle each day when they leave for school.
Thank you for keeping these recommendations in mind. For your convenience, I’m again attaching a daily checklist you can download and put in a handy place for you to look at each morning.
If you need to report a positive COVID-19 case, close contact, or symptoms, please use the email for your child’s campus found at www.bryanisd.org/covidreporting.
We’re excited to have your child back in school on Tuesday, January 5, 2021, either on-campus or at-home, and we will continue to keep you informed.
Best Wishes for a Safe and Happy New Year,
Dr. Christie Whitbeck
Bryan ISD Superintendent